Text

Fashionista ~ Career Woman ~ Op Shopper ~ Online Shopping Addict ~ Bargain Hunter ~ Child Rearer ~ Book Reader ~ Social Commentator

Monday, September 10, 2012

Chaos, Birthdays & Liptember

If you're wondering where I have been, the answer is working. Although you probably guessed!
 
I worked on my first 'hostile' takeover which meant 2 weeks of little sleep, very long days and having literally no weekends (I'd consider being in the office from 7am until midnight all weekend worse than your average weekday, so definitely not 'weekend' within the normal meaning of that word!)
 
In the midst of these chaotic times, I had a birthday. It would have gone uncelebrated (I had to cancel both my birthday lunch with girlfriends and my birthday dinner with the boy) but for an amazing and unexpected office delivery from my friends in Canberra:
 
 First I saw these fantastic balloons. Did I mention that I LOVE helium balloons!? They remind me of carefree childhood days...
 
 Then came a big box with lovely ribbons... which contained:
 
 A delicious chocolate mud cake!
 
Last but not least, I got this fabulous card. You can't tell from the photo but it's holographic and moves. All very exciting...
 
It made a dark day so much brighter!
 
I have just now gotten back from a whirlwind weekend trip to Canberra which was exhausting but so enjoyable. We had the 1920's ball and I caught up with all my friends, which brought back such lovely memories.

Photos of the ball will be coming soon (you will be able to see the dress I ended up wearing). In the meantime, if you haven't already please check out Project Girl's blog and sponsor her for Liptember. Liptember is all about raising funds for women's mental health, and encouraging open communication about and familiarisation with gender specific mental health issues.

In blogging about her life, Project Girl shares her personal struggles with mental illness (which is much braver than I could ever be, I am not a personal sharer!). I just sponsored her and I hope you will too.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the mention lovely. I really appreciate all the support, especially from someone I admire. Can't wait to see the photos from the ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I cannot imagine working as much as you do! That is terrible that you had to cancel your birthday plans, but happy birthday to you!

    Can't wait to see the pictures from the 1920s ball!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post, thanks for sharing.. very useful for me, I will bookmark this for my future needs.Click Me Here슬롯머신


    3YANGSKIE

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...